Friday 15 April 2011

Transantiago evil


Public transport is very important for the actual society, is practically impossible imagine to live without it. Every people have to move of one place to another, for work, study, visits, among many other reasons. We have actually a big dilemma: We can use the horrible transantiago, with the environmental benefit it means, because a lot of people can travel with the equivalent pollution that would produce a few cars that carry a few people. Obviously I'm thinking in persons that have to travel a big distance every day, like almost all here in Santiago, and not in people that have to do short travels and can walk or use a bike.
So, respect to my personal situation I start to move around Santiago just when I went to university, because when I was more young, a school van moved to from school to house, and when I was in fourth grade I changed to a school that was to five minuts of my house, so obviusly I walked. I just took bus and subway when I had to go a some special place, but almost ever my dad carried me from a site to another. My first year in university was.. ok. I took a bus (I08) close my house, later I took another bus (428e) in highway that was so rapidly that I loved it, although was an old bus painted. I was in 20 minuts from Maipú to La Cisterna. Great. And like a lot of classmates do, I took subway from La Cisterna to Santa Rosa and finally a bus from SantaRosa to faculty. As always some days it took more time than other, but in a normal time range. In last days of 2010 428e stopped pass where I usually took it, so horror, I had to start took an alternative:428 (not e!!) It took the double time from Maipú to La Cisterna!!! But I can survive last year.. Problem is that now, there is no more painted buses, only new, so frequency that pass decreased a lot! Some days I have to spend half hour waiting! And when it pass, is crowded, so just sometimes I reach to into. Also, sometimes when I have some extra to do, like go to "Torre 15" (haha) I have take subway downtown and people it's really tight, and they fight and beat for go in and out. Worst yet is the expensive it is, I think is a service that no worth what it costs.
So, for make it better, I would start for cut prices and put more buses to disposition of people, for make more fluid and quickly transport, what probably would get down the density of people in subway. Obviously there is a lot of political matters that must to solve before a change.. so I can't say anymore respect it.
I guess my opinion is clear, I think Transantiago it's a service that go from bad to worse, and responsibles are just trying to give patch solutions that are useless, like the painted buses. I hope this will be better some day.
And I really hope your experiences have been best that mine!
Greetings!

4 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right.
    It's gone from bad to worse..

    Greetings, ex- blueheaded xDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think is that bad! of course it's not perfect yet but i see a lot of improves. Of course, everyone has their personal opinions :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hate the "magical" change of some routes of the buses. I think that the designer of them really don't know how is going a bus.
    I hope the system switches to make to all of us a little more confortable :B

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you really had bad experiences with transantiago, for me it hasnñt been that bad, but of course there is a lot of things that needs to be change and I hope they will.
    greetings! :)

    ReplyDelete